« Home | What's the worst thing I could say? » | Wha? » | "a different kind of unreadability" » | Reset » | Into the new year again » | 70'S MUSIC EXPLOSION! » | Wakey wakey » | Psychosomatic » | Bookworm » | Got me so down, I got me a headache » 

Monday, January 02, 2006 

"That billboard had two sides, and both of them hurt equally."

Even after hearing how much I would like it from about a dozen people, I still found The 40 Year-Old Virgin to be just about the most adorable thing ever.

It helped that even things like the teenage daughter throwing a tantrum and the de rigeur last minute fight between obviously meant to be happy couple sounded more real than most movies. I think it's probably ruined me for romantic comedies that aren't extremely well written for a few months.

Also, how weird is it to watch a movie where the guy lead finally penetrates a female and your response is "awwww"?

I have now been up 22 hours. I'm not as tired as I thought I'd be.

Isn't Catherine Keener amazing?

Yes. I liked her when I used to only see her playing callous assholes - I like her a lot more as, you know, a recognizable human being. She's a bit old for me, and Trish is a fictional character, but Andy's a very lucky man.

And speaking of which, Keener as Harper Lee(!) is one of many reasons I'd like to see Capote.

Keener is, indeed, a very good reason amongst many to see Capote.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates