« Home | Adventures in post-minimalism » | Extreme temporal parochialism » | "That's how I got into country music" » | Overlegislation » | Cleaning house » | When you wake (you're still in a dream) » | "Can of corn" is right out, though » | It's a deal, it's a steal » | Just don't call us "emo" » | All wrong » 

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 

That's what bad news is all about

The new A.R.E. Weapons disc is, to no-one's surprise, not very good.

Was the first one any good? I haven't heard that either, though I think I did hear an EP which was OK without being particularly gripping.

I haven't heard the whole first record, but I have heard 5 of the ten tracks, and they were all pretty fun. "Don't Be Scared", "Bad News" and "Street Gang" are probably their best - if you like them, I imagine you'd like their debut.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates