« Home | "The case for heroin" » | If you want me I'll be sleeping in » | Checkmate » | Low impact » | Work radio dept. » | Trains of Winnipeg » | Just can't help believing, though believing sees m... » | "Voting that is neither ritualistic nor random" » | They always come in twos » | News flashes » 

Saturday, January 28, 2006 

What ever happened

I think I just started applying to Guelph's MA program. I'm still a bit dazed. The whole process has to be done for next Wednesday. I've got letters of recommendation lined up, I just need transcripts, some sort of letter of intent and to clear up my writing sample (I will be using all/part of the Undergrad Thesis, on advice of Jeff).

I may not post much in the next little while. Pray for Mojo.

good luck!

Holy crap! Congratulations and good luck!

(And by the way, I didn't mention you specifically in my blog post because you're pretty much the only one who reads my blog, and I didn't figure you needed to be informed that I was visiting you.)

Thanks guys!

What would you be researching in your grad program? And what department is it in?

Philosophy. I'd be researching hauntology, as it applies to music (and maybe film a little), probably.

Did you really not know what I got my degree in, though?

I knew you received your undergrad degree in philosophy, but that doesn't mean I knew what you were planning to do at the grad level.

For example, a friend of mine has a BMath in applied mathematics, but will soon be starting an MA in psychology. I figured if a change like that were possible, I'd better ask just to be sure. :-)

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates