« Home | Choco » | Congratulations » | Anaesthetic X-Wipes » | Grand Unification Theory » | Snow day! » | Smooch » | Parantheses are awesome » | Francais » | I would like to subscribe to your pamphlet » | Unlife » 

Sunday, February 19, 2006 

Memory hole

I don't know what the hell happened, but somehow my post about the death of my grandmother disappeared sometime between this morning and now. The cached version on Yahoo had it, but the current one does not. This is a bizarre thing for Blogger (or whatever) to do, especially considering which entry it was. Here's what I posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 at 2:12 PM:

My parternal grandmother passed away this morning, peacefully, with my dad and my sister and my uncle Rob and his wife and one of their daughters in attendance.

I wish I had been there.

"I felt what we always feel when someone dies – the sad awareness, now futile, of how little it would have cost us to be more loving."
Jorge Luis Borges, 'There Are More Things'


Even more oddly, from the cached page I can go to the page for the original entry, even post a comment there if I'd like. I have no idea what's going on and, again, given the content it's more than a little distressing.

Blogger's eaten a post or two of mine as well. Usually, they pop-up a week or two later.

I'll retype my note here anyway. Condolences. Given our talks about death and the like, I imagine you're okay, though sad. Still, drop me a line if you feel the need.

Thanks, I didn't get your first one. Your description is pretty on the nose, but if you're in town any time soon we should definitely get together.

Ian, I'll be praying, if you don't mind, for you/your family. I'm sorry.

Not only do I not mind, I appreciate it, and so would she. Thank you.

My condolences, Ian. I hope you and your family are doing well.

Thanks, Justin.

I've been away from the Internet (and blogs) for most of the past week. Belated condolences from both me and Christa.

Thanks to both of you. You certainly don't need to explain any absence to me, though - I'd imagine you've been pretty busy.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates