« Home | Dirda! » | Indie fuxxor » | Hard at work » | So I just watched the Oscars.... » | Information spaces » | There is always room for one more custard pie » | Clogging inboxes everywhere » | "We dance just as good as we walk" » | Bizarrely immersive » | “He was an uncomfortable man" » 

Monday, March 06, 2006 

Dirty hands shape the keenest minds

Why didn't Universal Audio do better? All due respect to The Great Eastern, but both of the records the Delgados made after it were better, and this was one of the best of its year. None of which would really bug me, but they split up. Gah.

never been much of a delgados fan, but I loved All You Need is Hate

That is, admittedly, a great song. Have you heard this album? Would you like to?

the entire hate album? yeah I've heard it. I may not have even deleted it yet in my attempts to save harddrive space. I really liked that song a lot, thus the album stays.

No, I meant their last, the one I refer to in this post. It's significantly different enough from the bulk of Hate I figure if all you liked was "All You Need Is Hate" you might like it.

Great band, much missed. Not sure about Universal Audio, but Hate is definitely better than The Great Eastern. And I'm with you on your recommendation - if you like 'All You Need Is Hate', Kate, then you'll probably like the more upbeat overall tone of Universal Audio.

okkkkk ok. let me check at home first though before you upload that thing though. there's a 65% chance that I have UA on my harddrive somewhere and never gave it much of a chance because of the mood I was in at that point in time or something.

I've deleted so many albums for exactly the same sort of reason. But yeah, let me know.

yeah, i've been so totally completely turned off by indie rock and pop in the last 6 months or so, that I don't know that if I even tried now to listen, it would do anything for me. But i'll give it a shot.

Well, I hope it's worth your while. Honestly, that record doesn't feel very indie to me (as opposed to their earlier stuff).

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates