« Home | Bizarrely immersive » | “He was an uncomfortable man" » | Swapping your blood with formaldehyde » | We live in cities now » | The suck » | Feel good hits of the 2nd of March, 2006 » | Why I love Warren Ellis » | I am not an alcoholic » | Makes the people come together » | Refine my altitude » 

Sunday, March 05, 2006 

"We dance just as good as we walk"

So at the restaurant Dad and Catherine took Ben and I to for brunch (the only time I've had an omelet and roast beef on the same plate), at once point they went directly from Archie Bell & The Drells' "Tighten Up" to the Kinks' "All Day And All Of The Night". Why is it that I can hear that kind of thing in a restaurant, but not on the radio?

Also, Mark K-Punk is making me very, very excited about the new Junior Boys record. I'm pretty glad that in addition to getting the music he seems to get their Canadian-ness (or maybe Ontario-ness is more accurate). So This Is Goodbye sounds like it's going to be markedly better than their (great in places) debut.

Archie Bell gets way too much credit sometimes, considering the TSU Toronados made that song.

Shut up, Brad.

Hey, I'm just going by the old "Atlantic Soul Classics" comp my dad had when I was growing up. It's a great song regardless.

fuck yeah it's a great song. good comp too. toronados.

Wow, interesting background. It'd be nice if the comp had included that info.

yeah, a lot of comps don't have much info on the stuff on em. This comp, however, is amazing... And I don't know about the cd version (brad?), but the LP I have contains a good amount of information on the stuff.

damnit, my link didn't work. http://www.juno.co.uk/products/187812-01.htm

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates