« Home | It's official » | Best possible result » | Pull yourself together » | The hills have eyes » | Blurry » | Why should we look back? » | Chocolate salty balls » | Plus, Walsingham » | I'm not a materialist, but... » | "slow-motion fade-to-black" » 

Thursday, March 16, 2006 

Tonight's results

So this time we came in second and second in the two rounds of Name That Tune; but it was also only Ben (not my brother, the other one) and Joy and myself. And with the exception of maybe four points combined (over forty questions) from the two of them combined, it was all me. The closest I've come to seeing if I can win musical trivia all on my lonesome.

Then I ran into a friend from the Philosophy program, as well as one of the attractive girls from my program who never said two words to me for five years, but now that we're both drunk decides to hit on me a little. Awesome. Yeah, that's exactly what I need right now. And yet I made sorta plans to meet the two of them next week. How much of a masochist am I, exactly?

Aaaaand I should probably stop writing to the internet now. Because I will probably find this kind of embarrassing tomorrow but won't erase this anyways, because that is an asinine thing to do. Stupid beer.

drunken blogs about hot girls hitting on you is embarrassing now? well crap. I'm going to just have to delete my blog now, I guess.

Ehhh.... I guess you had to be there. And I don't think she was hitting on me hitting on me, if you know what I mean.

I have a longstanding (back to 2000!) policy of leaving stuff up unless I accidentally revealed someone else's personal information or the like, though, so even though I find this a little wince inducing I'm not going to alter it.

eh. most encounters I have and/or write about in reality are embarrassingly pathetic. they key is to not make it *seem* that way.

Oh man, your blog is totally ruined for me now.

Not really.

Actually, that makes me feel better. Thanks.

I mean, hell, this is the intardnet. We can be whoever we want, right? YEAH!

Yay for teh intarwubs!

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates