« Home | I want a name when I lose » | Night turns black 'cause it's rotten » | I found that essence rare » | A lack of uniforms » | False advertising » | Suddenly I'm glad I don't own it yet » | "You have no imagination whatsoever" » | Honey, you're a prize and I'm a catch » | Booze time » | Hesitant people » 

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 

Everything just sucks

Singles again today; I'm glad my 3 managed to drag the odious Wigwam single down below the Gnarls Barkley one, although of course Bodies Without Organs doesn't get the respect it deserves (Jessica Popper knows where it's at).

Also, I can't link to it but it brightened my morning immeasurably to see that Qwantz is now advertising on Stylus; look for Professor Science!

A friend of mine met Ryan North, the author of Dinosaur Comics, at a party in Toronto the other day; it might have even been at his place, now that I think about it. It really is a small world.

Wow, it really is. I'd love to meet Ryan North - he's kind of one of my heros, in a non-insane way.

Ian, you are usually reasonably tasteful, but you are WRONG WRONG WRONG about Wigwam, it is genius, face it. Probably not better than "Crazy", but nonetheless quite awesome.

Okay, it's but a blip on the pop radar when compared to "Doin' The Do", "Where Are You Baby?", "I'm On My Way" or "Hangover", but really, so are most things.

Still don't like it. Sorry.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates