« Home | Girls are sometimes pretty » | Jam & Lewis » | Good for something after all » | I didn't even realise it was 4/20 » | On waking » | Riding ice cream trucks » | And I've never met anyone quite like you before » | Because the opposite of boredom isn’t interest, it... » | Scum » | Gimpy » 

Sunday, April 23, 2006 

On a wall

Last night I had occasion to use the Underground's bathroom, which they share with the two other bars that occupy the same building and are reliably filthy and disgusting. For once it wasn't crowded and so I noticed the first grafitti I've ever seen on the wall of their urinal corner: "You will become something different..."

i keep fortunes that are especially good from fortune cookies. one of my favorites is "You will surrend yourself with warmnth and riches." That could go good in the bathroom too.

We got one recently that said "Promote literacy - buy a box of fortune cookies." Priceless.

haha! and here I thought my "You will be a dragon of creative fire this week. Watch your aim." was good.

Yours is pretty good too, though. Why don't more fortune cookies have a sense of humour?

(actually, it reminds me a little of , still the only astrology thingie out there I don't completely revile.

Gah. The preview said the link would work and everything.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates