« Home | Fine white foam » | Crimes against science » | The anatomy of explanations » | Mulligan » | But people, people, we're not in love » | Either your emotions have an echo » | I've been crowned the king of it » | It makes me feel just rotten » | Good weekend » | I love living in the future dept. » 

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 

Gimpy

K and I have gotten into the habit of emailing each other after each new episode of House, as we're both addicted:

>Cameron: "Do you have any idea what it feels like to have a six-foot-long
>hose shoved up your rectum?"
>
>House: "No, but I now have a much greater respect for whatever basketball
>player you dated in college."
>
>Seriously, could this show's dialogue get any better?

She's got a point. Although Ben and I spent the whole episode yelling at Cameron to eat a goddamn sandwich, already.

(and if you actually watched it and know what I'm talking about, the end scene was a prime example of why I love Foreman)

And why I despise Foreman! While I Adore Hugh Laurie and the show's Beyond Snappy Dialogue, I always side with Cameron.

I think Cameron is more admirable, to a certain extent, but Foreman rings a lot more true to me. And while this week's ethical dilemma was a tough one, I actually think I come down on House's side (and that was before the little last minute revelation, which doesn't actually make the whole thig moot).

I loved that line. Cameron bothered me this episode. Can you remember if Foreman actually knew that she'd written her article on that case? I don't remember it being said.

Also, I responded to your last comment on the "Criticism isn't a buyer's guide" post. (And asked a couple questions.)

Oh, he knew. It was mentioned a couple of times. I think they had even shared notes or something.

I do have your last comment, I've been saving it to do an actual post, but given the whopper I just posted I might wait a few more days.

Okay, that's what I thought, but then I tried to remember the specific dialogue that had proven that and came up blank.

No rush. I just didn't want it to get lost.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates