« Home | "Sideboard-like! Shadrach! The SHOCK-uh!" » | Death is centrifugal » | Organize before they rise » | Your monkey's kung fu is not strong » | Sigur friggin' Ros » | Clocks and monkeys » | Can you forgive her? » | So angry » | Itchy legs and all » | Rand protect us! » 

Wednesday, May 03, 2006 

A baby sleeps in all our bones

My Seconds on two Iron & Wine songs is up today; My parents should probably make sure to read it, since they're mentioned a few times (and K, this is one of those ones I think you should check out).

For once, though, I also want to note the little teaser blurb that appears on Stylus' main page for the article, because it's probably my favourite of all the ones I've written: "After these two songs, not even a Total Perspective Vortex could shake Ian Mathers..."

Lastly, and again "for once," Mike Powell edited this one, and he did a superlative job. I only know it's him because he emailed me to ask me about a change, but it does bring to mind how much of whatever quality my writing on Stylus has is because of the editors there, who in the last two and a half years have never in my memory made a change I have not been happy with.

Yes to not hating editors! Who are far more often right than wrong, despite what writers will tell you! :)

I killed that particular odious habit fairly early on in my "career" - even the changes that I've been initially rankled by at Stylus have wound up, once I'm calmed down, being good for the article. Of course, I'm sure part of that is my good fortune at having good editors...

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates