« Home | "I get it. Very dry, Dad. That's good stuff." » | Chagrin » | Process, not conclusion » | Coquelicot » | We won three pints, too » | Bad news/good news » | Grand theft Coke » | The toys out of space » | A garden bursting into life » | Pure gold » 

Friday, August 18, 2006 

Behind his eyes he says, I still exist

I'm not exactly going to link to everything I post over the Funky Funky 7, but something this big I probably will. Witness my massive post on Joy Division, after which I feel totally wrung out and probably not capable of saying anything more about them ever again. I can still gawk in wonder at their work, though.

Posted here for a few reasons: It was inspired by a gift from my dad, who would never have seen it otherwise, as far as I know; it's probably the biggest thing I've written in a while, and relatively focused for what is essentially a five page gush; and, I don't know, posterity. Or the closest equivalent the internet provides.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates