« Home | Moxie » | The imp of the perverse » | "I can respect the hell out of that." » | Puffball planet » | Meat ...You're right in liking it » | Tissue a, tissue a » | But they look like sneakers » | The feverish nightmares of popists » | For there are brighter sides to life » | Back to academia » 

Tuesday, September 19, 2006 

Auspicious beginning

Luckily(?) I had to be up at 9 anyway, as I'm going in to work early today (because I'm going to see the motherfucking Mountain Goats in Toronto tonight!), so the jackhammers outside are only mildly annoying. It's a little surreal to turn on the tap just as they turn the water off, though. Plumbing emergency next door. They're going to let me know when it's back on. Hopefully in time for a shower.

Where are they playing? How long you gonna be in town for?

Lee's, doors at eight; I leave the next morning to get back here for a departmental meeting/work.

Yeah yeah rub it in - 'oh look at me I get to go see the Mountain Goats' - just for that you get to pick me up a t-shirt.

Size Large.

Make it an awesome one.

He didn't have t-shirts last time, and I'm low on money, but I'll see what I can do.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates