« Home | But they look like sneakers » | The feverish nightmares of popists » | For there are brighter sides to life » | Back to academia » | Squee » | Still I've got a flash-bulb head » | Interrupting sloth » | Prescient » | Series vs stories » | "like when they pulled up the coelacanth out of th... » 

Thursday, September 14, 2006 

Tissue a, tissue a

So with Aaron and Christa I watched the first series of Sapphire & Steel last night, after much anticipation; it was just as wonderful and creepy as I'd been hoping. Five more to go. I cannot recommend this series highly enough, as you know if you've read me gushing about it before. David McCallum and Joanna Lumley are both fantastic, the cinemetography and special effects and music are all fantastic and make more than the most out of very little money, and the pacing is excellent. There are bits (the very first episode, Steel's cavalier remark that "well, we sunk the real ship") that make me wonder if Grant Morrison used to love this series.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates