« Home | But... but... it was what we wanted! » | Making the grade » | I'd taser a 14-year-old. I'd taser him right in t... » | Jessica Alba doesn't like the evangelical church » | Arockalypse » | "I was perfect. I have always been perfect." » | Marie came home tattooed / it covers her back » | Everything hits at once » | Nicely chosen » | Encouraging signs » 

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 

And oh, how cute you seemed

Today I got a package from Forced Exposure I had been greatly anticipating: COIL's ...and the ambulance died in his arms, Joy Division's Les Bains Douches 18 Dec 1979 and Burial's self-titled debut. I didn't really notice until I was looking at them that this is some pretty dark music, taken together... not really intentional, but I am wondering a bit why I don't own much lighter stuff.

Also, you know when someone tells you about the band his little brother is, you're normally quite justified in feeling trepidation; but in the case of the lovely and talented J. Edward Keyes, he is utterly right to bring The Gritty MIDI Gang to our attention, his brother Chris' presence notwithstanding. Go to their MySpace page immediately, just to hear "Valentine's Day" - that is one hell of a song.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates