« Home | Abstinence for adults » | Demons as aliens » | Social constructions » | You're dumb enough to break the mold, are you smar... » | Dinosaurs and fighter jets » | Really, really, really good » | "Herculean" is pretty astounding, though » | "truly epic pummel" » | Book, magician, machine » | Every photograph is a photograph of infinity » 

Friday, November 03, 2006 

Every year, exactly this time of year

I've been so bogged down in this paper (law and self-knowledge in Plato's Crito, whee!), that I keep forgetting I'm going to go see motherfuggin' HOT CHIP on Monday. The Warning is neck and neck with the Knife's Silent Shout and maybe Palmless Prayer / Mass Murder Refrain as my #1 record of the year... but it's pretty doubtful that I'll get to see either other act any time soon (the Knife may be hitting America right now, but unless they added some dates I didn't hear of, they're not coming to Toronto), and really. Hot Chip. (pardon me, HOT CHIP) I can't remember the last time I looked forward to a concert this much.

I really hope they play "Crap Kraft Dinner".

aw man... luckkkkyyyy!

i don't think they're coming around these parts. maybe you shouldn't move to texas afterall.

Ain't I just? After what Mallory had to say about them live, I am devoutly hoping that this show is going to be one for the memory books. And that they play "So Glad To See You", although I imagine they won't. That song is totally my jam.

I've seen them but not since 2004 (Supporting Athlete!). I should probably sort that out.
What's the third album you mention?

I reviewed it for Stylus here; it's Japanese band MONO collaborating with electronic/neo-classical artist world's end girlfriend, a string quartet, and a few other elements. More than willing to pass it on, as usual...

Oh right. I downlaoded that when you sent it before but it didn't work for some reason, I would have worked it out/told you if I didn't get distracted by my mp3 player dying...

Weird. Want me to try again?

yes please!

Shoud be emailed to you, but just in case...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7srja8

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates