« Home | Dinosaurs and fighter jets » | Really, really, really good » | "Herculean" is pretty astounding, though » | "truly epic pummel" » | Book, magician, machine » | Every photograph is a photograph of infinity » | "Oh that is so a deal." » | Boring » | Why can't these guys make more than one great album? » | Don't fear seriousness » 

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 

You're dumb enough to break the mold, are you smart enough to fail?

Feel good tunes of the 1st of November, 2006, special "Back to the gym, or, How does my iPod keep picking such appropriate songs?" edition:

Ok Go - "It's A Disaster"
The Hives - "Abra Cadaver"
Superchunk - "100,000 Fireflies"
Maximo Park - "The Coast Is Always Changing"
Guided By Voices - "Game of Pricks"
The Bravery - "An Honest Mistake"
Fugazi - "Full Disclosure"
The Weakerthans - "Aside"
Idlewild - "Little Discourage"
Alien Ant Farm - "Movies"

I am supposedly going to the gym tonight. For the first time ever! If I keep it up, I can start making gym mixes.

Yeah, it's been way too long (god, maybe even a month?) for me. I was in the habit of going every weekday during the summer, but grad school just completely wiped me out. I'm trying to get back on the horse now.

I don't bother with mixes, though, I just keep a couple of hundred songs on my iPod in an "album" called Exercise and listen to it on random.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates