« Home | Love all of the people, but I don't know their names » | "an otherworldly being so terrible that it can nev... » | Having trouble believing I'm awake right now » | "a pained no-no-no-please-stop camel-wheeze" » | Look busy » | Uncertainty » | You just gotta have it, just to know it / And set ... » | The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, i... » | Every year, exactly this time of year » | Abstinence for adults » 

Thursday, November 09, 2006 

"lower the emergency donkey pinata"

Stephen Colbert is funny when the Republicans controlled all three branches of the US government. Now that they've lost two of them, he's hilarious. Jon Stewart was good too - nice to see it looks like he won't be taking it easy on the Democrats. I may have to start watching those shows more often.

Just to be nitpicky, the Dems have only technically taken control of one branch (the legislative). I'd dearly love to see them get the judicial branch too, but unfortunately that hasn't happened yet!

Not that I'm not completely overjoyed that they have both the House and the Senate now...

Err, whoops. I knew that, really!

Yeah, George "Macaca" Allen can eat it.

I love the Republicans - where else can you find politicians to teach you new and interesting racial slurs?

"Eat your cake, terrorists."

Ian Mathers going for his Doctorate in Ethnic Slurs. Don't try to deny it either, I've heard the jokes you tell.

shutupshutupshutup

I'll have you know the University has a strict "safe space" policy. I only tell those jokes to my fellow students at the bar. And only after they buy me a drink.

That is a big fat hairy lie. You've been known to tell your Jewish pizza joke stone cold sober.

Hey, I said I only tell those jokes to my fellow students. You're my ex-girlfriend. Totally different thing.

And I think you owe me some emails, missy!

I do, as a matter of fact. I'll send one later today, probably.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates