« Home | Look busy » | Uncertainty » | You just gotta have it, just to know it / And set ... » | The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, i... » | Every year, exactly this time of year » | Abstinence for adults » | Demons as aliens » | Social constructions » | You're dumb enough to break the mold, are you smar... » | Dinosaurs and fighter jets » 

Monday, November 06, 2006 

"a pained no-no-no-please-stop camel-wheeze"

I often enjoy Katrina Onstad's writing, but she's outdone herself; Hers is probably my favourite review of Borat, just because she nails what the humour is like (in the TV show, at least) so precisely.

yeah, i went fully expecting to laugh my ass off, and instead (though i laughed a lot) cringed more than i thought i would. hmm.

Had you seen the Borat segments on TV before? I sort of do a cringe-laugh. But it's not like something like the original UK Office, where it made me so uncomfortable I had to drin just to get through watching the episodes.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates