« Home | "a pained no-no-no-please-stop camel-wheeze" » | Look busy » | Uncertainty » | You just gotta have it, just to know it / And set ... » | The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, i... » | Every year, exactly this time of year » | Abstinence for adults » | Demons as aliens » | Social constructions » | You're dumb enough to break the mold, are you smar... » 

Tuesday, November 07, 2006 

Having trouble believing I'm awake right now

So in much the same way that I can't be sure my poor showing at last week's Singles Jukebox was because of me or a crowded field, I can be equally unsure as to what if anything the fact that all seven of my blurbs got in this week means. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to write the last three pages of my Plato paper, present it to my prof, go to work, come home, and die.

Hot Chip were absolutely facemeltingly amazing, though.

now I'm really mad that I didn't ditch MY Plato paper and go to that show...

Oh, you should have. Staying up all night and doing what I describe in this post was TOTALLY worth it.

What's your Plato paper on? Let's compare topics! I'm doing the relationship between law and self-knowledge, primarily in the Crito although I refer to the Apology quite a bit too, naturally enough. The prof liked my first draft, although he wants me to refocus a little. Weirdly enough, i actually like Plato a little now. Or at least the Crito.

aaaaand I'm babbling.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates