« Home | We desire disorder » | 1/64th » | The fixed smile of the serious addict » | What you call the disease, I call the remedy » | "After that, there's going to be a Situation." » | Can you hear it at all? » | Own a car » | What I want » | There's no way to win a war with Canada » | Livid » 

Sunday, January 28, 2007 

"I try not to think about it."

Haven't sat down at my computer since Thursday, but I am excessively glad to see that mark k-punk has not only seen Children of Men but loves it; his take is, as always, cogent and a fascinating need.

I've been busy relaxing the past few days, but I've got an assload of work so I'll probably procrastinate a little by posting... for now there's my account of the Constantines show I went to a few weeks ago.

I've gotta see that movie.

Thanks for the L-ville shoutout! If you have a Mac, you should be able to go to File -- Save As, and download the song as an mp3 once it's fully loaded. PC, try right clicking and doing the same thing??

Peace!

Aha - I was trying the right clicking thing on my Mac and it wasn't working, but this other technique works.

Have you ever heard Hefner's late period electronic stuff (particularly "Dark Hearted Discos" and "The Baggage Reclaim Song")? Given "Dopamine," I think you'd like it.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates