« Home | Well played, sir » | Teardrinking » | Oh my world, you really can thrill me » | Read the alt-text » | Better than a jetpack » | "My God, what have I done?" » | Empty orchestra » | We live in science fiction » | Good will to all » | "Remember that 'nothing happens' is, grammatically... » 

Sunday, January 07, 2007 

Will the Last Person to Die Please Turn Out the Lights?

So. If you haven't seen Children of Men, I assume you're planning to do so soon. I haven't seen a film that good in theatres in a long, long time - damn near ripped my heart out. I just sat there when it ended, I didn't want to speak or move. CuarĂ³n has absolutely arrived, and if he doesn't win Best Director something is wrong.

It also features the best use of "In the Court of the Crimson King" I've ever seen.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates