« Home | Craggers » | Lots of fluids » | I may have done something rash » | Squalor Victoria » | “It seems to just be a list of rape and incest jokes” » | How to love yourself » | "Good music gives you a lot of own pictures in you... » | Cultural prisms » | I hope you die; I hope we both die » | I have tried, in my way, to be free » 

Monday, May 14, 2007 

Derring-do

So five or six weeks in I was ready to give up on Heroes, and now as it steamrolls towards the conclusion of the first season it's one of my favourite shows on TV. Next week's finale is going to be a barn-burner, I think - and if Sylar doesn't get put down like a mad dog I'm going to be upset. This week's was fantastic; the show really sunk its hooks in me around the middle of the season, and it wasn't until the masterfully done episode about Mr. Bennett ("Company Man," part 17 of 23) that I was fully addicted. Now I'm just eager to see what happens next.

Global mentioned the fact that the writing staff of the show is divided up, with each writer taking a hero. I love that idea, and I wonder if it's been done before; if not, then I may effectively be watching the most expensive role-playing game ever made.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates