« Home | Squalor Victoria » | “It seems to just be a list of rape and incest jokes” » | How to love yourself » | "Good music gives you a lot of own pictures in you... » | Cultural prisms » | I hope you die; I hope we both die » | I have tried, in my way, to be free » | The three Rs » | Getting back into gear (slightly) » | And he puts on his dark glasses and he shows you w... » 

Monday, May 14, 2007 

I may have done something rash

So I've been really enjoying the recent spate of blogs devoted to examining the work of a given band, song-by-song (started by Matthew). And, since I don't have enough ways to waste time, I've gone there myself: Say hello to Too Many Words, Too Many Words. It's about Low, naturally - lots of songs to keep me going for a while, nearly all of which I'm already familiar with, but not so many I'll be doing it forever. Hopefully. We'll see, I'm doing it for fun, so if it doesn't go well... I've added it to the sidebar, but for the most part I won't be linking to it unless an entry is noteworthy in some extra way, so if you want to read my blathering on about a band at length over the next months, check the link out now. Should be entertaining.

Cool idea, Ian. I'll be linking...

Gradually converting more and more people to Drums And Guns, BTW, having been converted myself!

Glad to hear you like it! I can't see any other record eclipsing it for me this year, although both the National and the Field are doing their damnedest.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates