« Home | Me me me » | A cry for help, a hint of anaesthesia » | People are like suns » | D'awwwwwwww » | Teach your children well » | Is anything? » | Who will lie for him now? » | Time can take its toll on the best of us » | Lethal force is never simple » | Broken nose » 

Wednesday, September 05, 2007 

The Sand Witch

Ryan Gattis' Kung Fu High School is a hell of a lot darker, deeper and powerful than the ready-to-be-mocked title might suggest. I powered through it in two days as a break from Gravity's Rainbow, and I feel a little uneasy now. I recommend it highly if you don't mind graphic violence (not just physical); I think I might try and track down his other novel now.

Hey I saw that earlier today - can I read it now that you're done?

Sure, I think. It's Julia's.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates