« Home | This one laughing quietly » | And all I want is something I can write about » | Blatently dishonest claims » | Dissipation » | Feeling accomplished » | TGIW » | Someone was changing from the inside out » | Fucking Hell » | Prepare to get confused » | Memories from gradeschool kicking in my brain » 

Friday, October 05, 2007 

"You think because you don't yell, you're not mean."

So it turns out Knocked Up is like Blazing Saddles; it was so funny the first time that I kind of overlooked or underplayed in my head just how serious and at times uncomfortable a movie it is. Watching it again, right after re-watching the far more gag-tastic The 40 Year Old Virgin was really striking; I still found it funny and if anything I loved it more than last time, but damn is this not a movie about jokes. It's hilarious at times, but I'm not even sure we should be filing it under "comedy."



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates