« Home | Writers Guarantee Audiences » | That's it, that's all. » | I believe I'll go back home » | Sleek and beautiful » | Lost at sea, until you find me » | I don't know what to feel right now » | "Just like a real social theory" » | And I never cared about whatever » | "Surprised or disappointed or ruined or bored with... » | Two things that are awesome » 

Thursday, November 08, 2007 

Catching up

So,

1. The Last Ever Stylus Ice Cream Social in NYC last weekend was fantastic; I met so many incredibly great people and got to see some other incredibly great people again. It's so nice to pretend for four days that your only responsibilities in life are walking, shopping, drinking, eating incredibly well and having fascinating conversations. I can only imagine it's what being rich is like. Some of the guys have blogs up now (Tal Rosenberg, Dan Weiss, and others who are already in my blogroll; I'll hopefully get around to overhauling my links soon, as they need to be properly acknowledged), but it and email and the occasional phonecall are poor substitutes. We need to do this again next year (I know I'm not the only one who agrees), not to talk about our old website but because it's so much fun. Thanks again to the ever-esteemed Todd Burns (how much do I owe that guy) for letting me and the wonderful Theon Weber crash on his couch (and thanks to his girlfriend, too). I've been busy catching up ever since (and still am), but this was absolutely, completely worth it.

2. Too Many Words, Too Many Words is indeed updating again; I refuse to be one of the many oeuvrebloggers who fall down on the job. (Hell, the great More Than Ten is done already!) It's never stopped being fun, I just got really better. Now, instead of using Stylus to procrastinate from thesis work, I'll use this.

3. Does anyone need a four-year veteran music writer right now? I'm looking to work. Most of which I'll do by actually emailing editors and the like, but just in case anyone who reads here has any hook-ups for me...



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates