« Home | Something's gone wrong » | Crosseyed and painless » | Your je ne sais quoi » | Finally » | That'll learn me » | "The dead are dead." » | Untenable » | I think we're alone now » | Polychords » | "I demand things to be AWESOME" » 

Sunday, May 25, 2008 

And I hate cough syrup, don't you?

It's been a very busy weekend, mostly because I went to see Los Campesinos! in Toronto on Friday, which was AWESOME, despite the drunk guys behind us (Gareth saved Julia and I from being "beaten up" afterwards, although given that I just discovered that an old buddy is now head of security at Lee's, and also that I was sober, I wasn't really worried about that), and only slightly because Tom Campesinos! was so appreciative of my PopMatters review of the album. This was the first time I got to hear the new album tracks live and they completely killed them - among other things, this concert boasted probably the best "Sweet Dreams, Sweet Cheeks" out of the four times I've seen them. Such a great band.

But between that, some other activities and working through the weekend, I missed some stuff online, such as my What Was It Anyway? post on Butthole Surfers' fantastic but maligned Electriclarryland album going up on Friday. You can find it here, and you can probably find Electriclarryland in a discount bin near you. Give it a chance.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates