« Home | Your je ne sais quoi » | Finally » | That'll learn me » | "The dead are dead." » | Untenable » | I think we're alone now » | Polychords » | "I demand things to be AWESOME" » | "You know the escape" » | Shell of light » 

Sunday, May 18, 2008 

Crosseyed and painless

So, just got back a few hours ago from Niagara Falls, where Ben and Julia and Lisa and I went Friday to hang out with Orbax and Sweet Pepper Klopek and others, to see the Klopeks' 14th anniversary show and the opening of the Twisted Ts shop, where Orbax's Deformatorium is now open for business. In practice this involved drinking a lot, eating a lot of greasy, unhealthy, delicious food, and walking around the strip getting on ferris wheels and playing mini golf (while still severely intoxicated). This couple I hadn't met before the weekend nearly got married, but we couldn't find a chapel open at 12:30 am. I started a couple of mornings with gin and tonics. My brother was carrying around a water bottle filled with with that Fireball stuff one night, at least. I think there may still be fake blood on one of my t-shirts. None of us were sick, despite consuming beer, mixed drinks, shots (sometimes with Red Bull added) liberally and indiscriminately.

It was a pretty great weekend, and the first real vacation (no phones! No email!) I've had in too long. Thank god I have tomorrow off to relax before I have to go back to work.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates