« Home | Too soon » | (Echospace Reshape) » | Touched your hand in the blue of the swimming pool » | Thrilling heroics » | It's not much, but it's just enough to keep » | And I hate cough syrup, don't you? » | Something's gone wrong » | Crosseyed and painless » | Your je ne sais quoi » | Finally » 

Wednesday, June 04, 2008 

Not a jetpack dept.

When I was younger, I read a lot of music criticism. Okay, I read a lot of music criticism now, but back then I read almost entirely about albums I had not heard and could not obtain. Recently I remembered one of those albums, which a positive review somewhere and the album art on allmusic.com had lured me into thinking I should look for it the next time I went to Toronto. I never found it, haven't thought about it in years. Tonight for some reason the artist's name popped into my head; fifteen minutes later, I'm listening to it. You have no idea how surreal that feels.

Geeeeeze, so who is it????????????

A Shocking Hobby, by Speedy J. And old techno record. Not something you'd enjoy, I'm willing to bet!

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates