« Home | Nothing matters when she's dancing » | Reason prevails » | Just because he's an actor doesn't mean he's wrong » | Pulling the plug on the party » | "Jimmy... Jimmy... shit is fucked" » | Just.... stuff » | Thank your parents » | Moth wings » | A song about flowers of the valley » | Why don't you ring? » 

Wednesday, October 01, 2008 

Twofer

I've got a review of the new Mercury Rev up at PopMatters, as well as a piece lauding the Walkmen album A Hundred Miles Off up at What Was It Anyway?

From a couple of listens, Snowflake Midnight feels like something that I could probably come to like if I had the time spare for it to be worth it. Which is an improvement on the last one, and you've made me want to check out a couple of songs further at least

I'm not sure I'm going to keep my copy, actually. Hey... I think I know at least one thing I should mail you!

And yes, tere's some good stuff there.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates