« Home | Our supply is finite » | Epigraphs on (watching) the last episode of Six Fe... » | I can't deny that I'm weak, sometimes » | But love, I couldn't hold it » | Yip yip yipyipyipyipyipyip » | Prepare your coffin » | I've said too much; I haven't said enough » | There is no way this is not going to be awesome. » | Yellow grid paper » | Black and white / Fading on » 

Thursday, August 20, 2009 

Insha'Allah

Today my review of the surprisingly compelling new Phantom/Ghost record is up at Resident Advisor. Given that I was expecting microhouse, the prepared piano and vocals arrangements on Thrown Out of Drama School were a bit of a shock, but it's a great record, especially "The Process (After Brion Gysin)," which is one of my favourite songs of the year.

Loved the review- except that actually I'm going to push you on this one as a creative writing team-mate might! The "stick out like a sore thumb" is a boring cliche. "Sticks out" would have been fine, we got the idea. :-p

It's a fair cop. Never should have let that one get past me.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates