« Home | I've said too much; I haven't said enough » | There is no way this is not going to be awesome. » | Yellow grid paper » | Black and white / Fading on » | Why do I try, why do I try, why do I try, why do I... » | Find summer homes fill summer throats » | Random universe » | Well done, then » | Sentence of the day » | THE CASSETTE PLAYED » 

Friday, August 14, 2009 

Prepare your coffin

Today sees my review of the surprisingly great new Tortoise album up at Resident Advisor. It's very nice to have Todd Burns editing some of my stuff again - no disrespect to any other editors I have/do/will work with, but most of my growth as a writer in my early 20s came under him at Stylus, and he still has a handle on my prose I don't think anyone else can match.

(This may be one of those things that normal people, by which I mean readers, won't be able to discern, but it makes a difference to me.)



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates