« Home | Too obvious to mention » | Silver and blue and blue and denim and silver and ... » | "BOTTOM LINE IS NOBODY SHOULD BE SCARED OF A FUCKI... » | Death shall have no dominion » | New forms, new forms » | "What needs to be done" » | "The consensus doesn't explain our lives. But - w... » | quiet, remorse, everything, peace » | Looking back: The Go-Betweens » | Swells » 

Monday, July 20, 2009 

THE CASSETTE PLAYED



This astonishing, fantastic video raises an important question: how is it that I've never actually heard all of Second Edition? I've loved these two songs for years, and what else I've heard of PiL is at the very worst engaging, so how have they fallen into my blind spot? I'm not sure why it never crossed my mind before that "Poptones" and "Careering" are, duh, from the same record, or that said record is at least potentially the cold flipside to one of my favourite records of all time, the Fall's immortal Hex Enduction Hour. Basically, I know there are too many bands out there to check them all out, but what the hell have I been thinking?



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates