« Home | Find summer homes fill summer throats » | Random universe » | Well done, then » | Sentence of the day » | THE CASSETTE PLAYED » | Too obvious to mention » | Silver and blue and blue and denim and silver and ... » | "BOTTOM LINE IS NOBODY SHOULD BE SCARED OF A FUCKI... » | Death shall have no dominion » | New forms, new forms » 

Friday, July 31, 2009 

Why do I try, why do I try, why do I try, why do I even try?

Feel good hits of the 31st of July, 2009:

The Sound - Acceleration Group
Frightened Rabbit - The Modern Leper
Divisible - The Cutting Room
Icehouse - Electric Blue
Kate Bush - Cloudbusting
The Pixies - The Holiday Song
Daft Punk - Emotion
The Research - Ba Ba Ba
Cousteau - (Damn These) Hungry Times
Monkey Swallows the Universe - 22

(I do these every so often, but I feel I should mention a word about methodology: all these posts consist of is the last ten songs to get stuck in my head. Every time it happens I write it down and once I've got ten, poof! A post. Nothing more exciting or purposive than that, although certainly they might give some indication as to my inner life, especially when I've got enough material for more than one of these in relatively quick succession.)

I look forward to it!

the video for Emotion ROCKS.

I found your blog Ian, hehehehe

-Marion

You realise, that means I can find your blog too!

And by the looks of it, it's a lot more productive than this one is. Drat.

At least it's more productive than Pete's blog.

http://blockrockinpete.blogspot.com/

He needs to put more funny stories and sketches.

Yeah, he totally does.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates