« Home | Lay down for a while and disconnect » | I don't care if he dies in prison, no » | I knew happiness once » | Until you love me » | I need two heads » | (Sad trombone) » | Murderer's row » | Not just happy little trees » | I believe my little soul is blown » | I want less » 

Monday, October 05, 2009 

And someone leads the beast in on its chain

My mammoth review of the new Mountain Goats album (one of the best of the year, guys! top three for me, probably) is up today at PopMatters. I'm grateful to whoever at PM tracked down the video of Darnielle doing "Ezekiel 7 and the Permanent Efficacy of Grace" solo piano, because I definitely hadn't seen that before. And I'm both flattered and amused to see that the most effusive of the tweetings that the review has gotten so far is from an old colleague.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates