« Home | What's a boy to do? » | Hair, wonderful hair » | Nothing you can sing that can't be sung » | So what's an own goal, then? » | Putting the argument below the surface of the prose » | "That's for her." » | All wrapped up in cotton wool » | Oh I guess it's Friday » | Ouch » | I knew I needed you so » 

Wednesday, September 16, 2009 

I want less

I love the underheralded band Wheat, particularly in their poppier moments, but I don't love many of their albums. Despite too much filler for a 33 minute album, their new White Ink Black Ink comes the closest to anything since their stellar, undervalued (by even the band) Per Second Per Second Per Second... Every Second album, still a shining example of why major label polish can be a good thing and seriously one of my favourite albums of all time (if not top 20, then lurking around it).



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates