« Home | "You think you can choose the kind of guy you are?" » | Design of a decade (it begins, pt. who even knows?) » | Where you been? » | Show me your teeth » | A glance » | Kicking comedy in the dick » | As time stood still » | "the right side of this battle, the right side of ... » | Taco meat and soft serve sundaes » | Like a broken record player (with a working stylus) » 

Friday, January 22, 2010 

Calm, collected

I do plan to do my own 2009 round-up (which will be in a very different format than past, never-completed years) sometime fairly soon, but for now I'll point you to a belated review of what was seriously one of my favourite records of the year: Divisible's great debut Less Than Lion. I literally have not seen a single other review of the album anywhere else I normally read, but I highly suggest going by their site to see what you can hear. I played few albums in 2009 as much as I did Less Than Lion and it absolutely holds up. My apologies to the band that I took so long to write the freakin' review.

In other news, I don't have enough to say about it to warrant another post, but wasn't Hillary Clinton's internet freedom speech weirdly inspiring?



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates