« Home | "an act firmly grounded in pleasure" » | Because I have been sleeping badly lately » | I only want one night » | You've done hell for me » | The Neil Young approach » | I'm losing your train of thought » | You might call it the aesthetic object » | Eat it, Cameron » | "that capturing of the body by the pulse" » | You got to give an account at the judgment » 

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 

O=0

My review of the good-but-frustratingly-not-great Autechre album is up at Resident Advisor today. There are parts - big chunks, actually - of the album that I love, and I kind of adore the way it's almost the equivalent of a back-to-basics kind of record, but those guys need to get over the idea that CD albums need to take up most of a CD. I suspect they would have done very well working under the temporal restraints of vinyl.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates