« Home | "that capturing of the body by the pulse" » | You got to give an account at the judgment » | Seven Soldiers of Scotland? » | Don't corner me with that poetry thing » | The Anti-Noah » | "We must try to contribute joy to the world" » | Moves his hands just like clockwork » | Hot Chipapalooza » | Either way it's a crazy golf course » | This frequency my universe » 

Monday, March 08, 2010 

Eat it, Cameron

Every year I say I'm not going to watch the Oscars, and every year like a good little pop culture junkie I get sucked in. This year was fine - I was happy with most of the major awards (and while like a lot of people online I'm a little dubious about Bullock winning, she at least had a nice speech!), and Martin and Baldwin were entertaining. Personally my favourite three things were the speeches for best score and costuming (both of which did a bit more good than most Oscar speeches), Kathryn Bigelow getting long-overdue acknowledgment for Point Break, and Tina Fey and Robert Downey Jr. presenting (someone get them a movie or something).



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates