« Home | Maybe I should get a Tumblr instead » | You got to know your place on the food chain » | We die only once (and for such a long time) » | I have a mandolin » | "I want to kick over the whole fucking chessboard" » | "as many possible points of scrutiny" » | A little heartbroken » | I've never read Proust » | iPod + work day = this kind of thing » | So what about Tune-Yards? » 

Monday, August 09, 2010 

(Within you)

By happy coincidence, I've been listening to a lot of Clinic recently, and then Matthew Perpetua posts this compilation. Clinic are one of my favourite bands and Matthew is dead-on in terms of how underrated they are (and why); if you haven't heard them, I urge you to download the compilation and start getting caught up on one of the great unheralded bands of the last decade.

Weirdly enough, the last thing to put some Clinic songs in my head was last night's second viewing of Inception (which holds together beautifully; some elements that seemed baffling or undercooked made perfect sense the second time around); I wouldn't say Clinic are dreamlike, but they can be a little nightmarish (and to be fair, it's probably Marion Cotillard's magnificently creepy performance that made me think of the songs).



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates