« Home | Recent work » | How could they leave us so soon? » | I don't like booking time off for St. Patrick's Da... » | And I closed my eyes like Marvin Gaye » | Conference (and other) notes » | Show your work » | "You can't look on that as a lost sale." » | I went insane » | The people in the know are just people in the know » | Most days you're lazy » 

Sunday, April 10, 2011 

I am a city of habits

Feel good hits of the 10th of April, 2011 (special not related at all to the Music Diary thing edition):

Robert Ashley - The Park
Radiohead - Fog
The Mountain Goats - Moon Over Goldsboro
Mississippi John Hurt - Goodnight Irene
Joe Henry – Your Side of My World
Metric - Gimme Sympathy
Jesu - Sun Day
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Dull Life
Twin Shadow - Castles in the Snow
The Delgados - Coming in From the Cold

(For generational and other reasons, I never have and never will make a music video on YouTube for a movie or show I love. Instead, I always get a song stuck in my head right after watching something that really hit me hard. For the first season of Party Down, consumed in one big gulp tonight/this morning, it was "Coming in From the Cold.")

Great reading your blogg post

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates