« Home | Hee hee » | Wednesday's Emotional Setup: What's The Use Of Ge... » | Talkin' 'bout my generation » | Unexpected productivity » | Nightmare » | Station to station » | Flashes make me wince » | Geek out » | Spoilers ahoy » | Take it like a man » 

Thursday, April 15, 2004 

Harsh

Once again, I could tell it was Chris Ott from the opening. I was hoping I'd be wrong, for variety's sake, but nah. Look, I don't like the Vines that much either, but this just doesn't make sense:

No one needs The Vines. No one cries over Vines songs, or includes them on breakup mixes. They're vague, inoffensive noise, a band attractive to sheltered teens who find Hot Topic punk and nu-metal goth overbearing.

Look, this is just self contradictory. Yes, the Vines probably do get included in breakup mixes and are cried over. It's just that this happens with the same "sheltered teens who find Hot Topic punk and nu-metal goth overbearing", which apparantly means Ott thinks those poor, unfortunate souls are inhuman enough to count as "no one". Never mind that they massively outnumber us indie snobs.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates