« Home | Still catching up » | Holy shit dept. » | "Hey, you forgot Poland!" » | Woah » | I'm back » | Strange and wonderful » | There is no justice » | The city consumes us » | Posted in Glasgow, from James' room » | Things » 

Tuesday, October 26, 2004 

R.I.P.

Jesus, I never even got a chance to hear John Peel on the radio and I'm still sad. Peel Sessions are often among the highlight of a band's career (look at how they're getting stuffed into the recent Pavement reissues) and the man knew his shit and was passionate about it 'til the end. We may never see his like again. He even an OBE, for pete's sake.

If you'll excuse me, I need to go have a moment of silence and then listen to "Teenage Kicks".

[edit: I wrote this this morning, but Blogger has been stupid all day.]



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates