« Home | Calling out of context » | "I will crush my enemies with famine and purges!" » | Poor cockroach » | You like the funny » | "Now And Forever" is such a great song » | Holy shit dept. » | I'll be on the couch » | $5 down the drain » | Turducken! » | So, yeah » 

Tuesday, November 30, 2004 

Biology & dystopia

Really excellent article here on the abovementioned - anyone who gives We its rightful praise gets points from me. We read it in high school, and although I still liked 1984 and Brave New World, We was both first (1920) and better.

Oh, and Ayn Rand completely ripped it off for Anthem, only she added her own little petty twist, rendering a great work of art and thought another shallow, obvious exultation of selfishness. But you should avoid reading Rand, unless you're a masochist.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates