« Home | The end is, as they say, not yet » | Oooh, burn » | What a mess » | In your dreams » | It's not all downloading » | Xtopher Marlin » | It's not the band I hate, it's their fans » | Huh huh, you said "butt" » | All Or Nothing » | Nuts to optimal thinking » 

Sunday, March 06, 2005 

Launch dept.

The Futureheads have some stuff up at Launch, two videos for "Decent Days And Nights" up. I actually like the new one (with "&" instead of "And") better visually, but it uses some weird new edit of the song that's not as good.

The Hives, meanwhile, have a brief but funny interview up and a live performance of "Walk Idiot Walk" that's notable mainly for Pelle's garbled introduction and the shitty camera work.

Snow Patrol continue to worm their way into my heart with an interview wherein Gary Lightbody appears to be slowly losing his mind, albeit in an amusing fashion, and an acoustic version of "Spitting Games" that really shouldn't work. I'm not sure it does, actually, but if you're a fan of the original it's worth watching. The videos for "Chocolate" and "Run" appear to have disappeared, worse luck.

Also: Prolapse!

It occurs to me these are all pretty indie rock. Blame the new videos selection at Launch, not me. Go listen to "Shimmy Shimmy Ya" or "Crunk Muzik" or something for balance.

dunno if you've noticed, but so does yr boy Lekman...

I had not, although I've seen that video over at Secretly Canadian. In any case, you are a prince among men for pointing it out.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates