« Home | At long fucking last » | No alarms and no surprises » | You're going to beat what up? » | Just the facts, ma'am » | More influential than Descartes? » | Old wounds » | Shoelaces » | "It ain't NASA-sarily so" » | Belgium » | Friday Random 10 » 

Monday, May 30, 2005 

Strong words

Seems like Anthony Miccio's piece on Wait has stirred some people up. For what it's worth, my personal reaction to the song is closest to jshepard's out of all the people I've read so far, although our reactions aren't identical (which may or may not have anything to do with my genitals, I'll leave it up to others more conversant with what I'm allowed to feel due to my gender to decide). But I don't think Anthony's points both in the original and in response are invalid. So where the fuck does that leave me (aside from in the middle of Wishy Washy Land)?

Also, let's please not forget an important fact takes on the song shouldn't neglect: It's fucking boring, whether or not it's offensive.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates