« Home | Organize before they rise » | Don't think of collapse » | Too perfect » | Technical difficulties (again) » | "Releasing the hounds" » | She sure couldn't paint, but she could kiss... » | "Narrowcasting" » | Holy shit dept. » | Penguins » | Leap into the irrational » 

Monday, June 27, 2005 

I owe you love

Today at the gym I listened to Six By Seven's The Way I Feel Today, and I think it really hit me for the first time that they're gone.

Man, am I going to miss them. You always feel a little propriatary about the bands you really love, even more so when it seems like no-one else does, but for whatever combination of reasons Six By Seven have been "my" band for years, more than any other (even the Delgados). I own all of their albums (including the Peveril Hotel odds and sods collection) except for the new one, which I will be ordering and soon as possible, and maybe some of their official bootlegs.

I could go on for a while, trying to encourage you to check them out, but what's the point, really? You should check them out, and I'd be more than willing to assist anyone in doing so (you can buy all of their albums from their website, so if you do wind up liking them it's easy to get some money in their hands), and anything else I add would just be a re-emphasis of that point.

As it is, I have the sneaking suspicion I might go over their whole catalog tonight when I get home.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates