« Home | Exposure » | I feel ill » | Mirrors and duels » | Previews » | Marginalia! » | No names, no details » | Twinkle » | You don't realise how much you've missed it until ... » | Put down like a dog » | Nautical disaster » 

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 

We were all in love and we all got hurt

Just to correct Anthony slightly about "White Houses" - I also love it, and have since I downloaded it (probably from Abby). The only reason it wasn't in my top twenty singles was because I forgot about it (or rather forgot it came out this year - that brings my tally to around five singles I missed!). It is absolutely worth a download through the post he mentions, which is (I should add) very well written.

I'm not sure I follow him on ignoring the production, though. What's wrong with it?

("White Houses" also has one of my favourite lines of all time, which you can probably guess)

It's a 2004 single, didn't mean to worry ya!

Oh, good. Why didn't I vote for it last year, then?

Good point about "Me & Mia", by the way - I'd heard the terms before, but somehow I didn't clue in. it's a weird song because Leo almost sounds pro-eating disorder.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates