« Home | Oh, those crazy Russians » | Sometimes I forget I'm still awake » | "mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they... » | Dark sided » | One for the quote file » | Lions and witches and wardrobes, oh my » | Small mercies » | Phantasmagoria » | That time again » | Blending » 

Sunday, December 11, 2005 

Palm meet forehead

Single I'm now kicking myself for leaving off of my list: Depeche Mode's "Precious". I mean, I've never heard enough to be a fan (my other experience only covers "Just Can't Get Enough", "Master And Servent", "Personal Jesus" and "Dream On"), but this single is just incredibly great. It sounded great on my computer, it sounded great out at the bar, and it even sounded great in McDonalds (I guess it's getting radio play?). And yet I completely blanked on it when putting together my list. Peter Parrish is so ashamed of me right now (especially after he wrote such a good review of the album).



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates